You know you have too much horsepower when...
1. The emissions test guy starts laughing as soon as you pull onto the rollers.
2. You can't drive your car in the rain.
3. Your significant other is afraid to drive your car.
4. You are afraid to drive your car.
5. You spend more on tires than on food.
6. You spend more on car insurance than on house payments.
7. You look in a state police car and see a picture of your car taped to the dash.
8. You throw your underwear in the garbage rather than the hamper.
9. You have to go to the track to buy gas.
10. You're tempted to wear your fire suit just to drive to the office.
11. Red signal lights shift to green as you're approaching then shift back to red as you're receding.
12. You arrive somewhere before you left.
13. You get pulled over for doing 155 in a 35 but the cops will let you go if "they can look under the hood."
14. You remove the $2000 stereo system to save 6 lb. of weight.
15. You get an anonymous phone call asking if you are interested in being in the Cannonball Run.
16. You need parachute braking.
17. Significant other won't even ride in the car.
18. There is no possible way to "sneak out" of your neighborhood at 6 am.
19. Your pets scramble for their hiding spots as soon as the garage door is opened.
20. Family photos throughout the house are replaced with life-sized posters of your car.
21. Fuel is delivered to your home: in 55-gallon drums!
22. You carry earplugs in your car.(doesn't everybody)
23. The only spot on the car, which receives any regular cleaning, is the windshield.
24. You find out that side mirrors don't hold up at speeds exceeding 145 mph.
25. You use nitrous on trips to get bread and milk.
26. You think 4" exhaust is too restrictive.
27. Your neighbors borrow your fuel pump to drain their swimming pool.
28. The local speed shop named its new wing after you.
29. You wear your firesuit to work.
30. You have pictures of your engine in your wallet.
31. Your traffic fines keep the local economy going.
32. You count your car as a dependent when you file your taxes.
33. Instead of gas mileage, you measure in gas footage.
34. You've tried to drag race the neighbor kid on his bike!
The phrases on this page were contributed by Moparts.com members.